Why is BB cream good for the skin? Getting the right skincare product often means experimenting with different combinations to determine which one will work for you? If you are doing makeup, you will have to get the right products to make you look good and get you an even skin tone.
One of these products is BB cream as is commonly referred to by most people. The word BB means blemish or beauty balm. It is known to hydrate your skin and act as a sunscreen. If this is your first time hearing about this product, worry not. Here is everything you need to know about it and figure out if it is the best product for your skin.
Why Is BB Cream Good for the Skin?
Many people have issues with figuring out whether there are any benefits to using BB cream. The reason for this is, it has mostly been advertised as a blemish balm. Many people say it adds no other benefits to the skin. If you are keen on what products you put on your skin and their impact on the skin, then you know that removing blemishes alone cannot be a selling point for you.
The good thing is, BB cream is more than just a blemish remover. It comes packed with antioxidants like vitamin A, C, and E. These components work together to improve your skin’s elasticity while brightening it up. Some BB creams come with SPF added to them, and that acts as a great sunblock.
You also get creams with moisturizing effects from the hyaluronic acid. With all these features, it is clear that BB cream is not just a beauty product. It also plays a significant role in ensuring that your skin looks and feels healthy for longer.
Is It Good To Use BB Cream Daily?
One of the questions many people ask is whether or not they can use BB cream daily. Based on the amazing features the cream has, it is safe to say that one can use it daily as part of their makeup routine. Not only does it make a good skincare product, but it also can act as a primer and foundation. Here are the steps to using BB cream in your daily routine to ensure you make the most out of it.
- Cleanse your skin as you normally would when preparing it for makeup.
- Using the tips of your fingers, take a little BB cream and apply it to your face. If you have dry skin, you can use slightly more than a pea-sized amount to get the most out of its moisturizing effect.
- Using a foundation brush or a beauty blender, spread the cream over your face to ensure you get full coverage. You can also use your fingers for this, especially if you are using it as a primer. Give the product some time to settle on your skin.
- If you still have problem areas or want better coverage, you can then go in with a concealer on this area. Once you finish, top it off with a coat of foundation. Some people leave it at the BB cream stage since it will have done most of what they needed to be done to their skin.
- If you plan to stay in the sun for a while, you might also want to add SPF product to your skin.
How Does BB Cream Work?
One of the questions many people ask is how exactly BB creams work and whether they have any importance to their makeup routine. While people might try to dismiss the benefits of BB cream to the skin, studies have shown that this product will be here to stay for long. The one way to look at how BB creams work is looking at the ingredients it has:
- Vitamins and antioxidants – BB cream contains vitamins A, C, and E.
- These go a long way to ensure that your skin stays protected and younger for longer.
- Moisturizers – BB cream has the moisturizing effect you get from glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and panthenol. It ensures that your skin looks supple all day and does not dry up after makeup application.
- SPF – BB cream contains zinc oxide that acts as a sunscreen protector for you.
- Brighteners – to help brighten your skin, BB cream has niacinamide added to it.
All these ingredients work together to ensure that your skin stays moisturized and protected from the sun. You can use the BB cream to brighten up your skin, and at times, it can be used as a cover for blemishes on your skin.
What Benefits Does BB Cream Have for Your Face?
Using BB cream significantly cuts down on the time you will spend doing your makeup. If you do not have BB cream, you need at least three to five products to prep your skin for makeup application. You will need a moisturizer, an SPF cream, and primer, at the very least. The BB cream comes with all these properties in them. Not only will you spend less time on applying your makeup, but you also spend less money on makeup products in the long run.
The other benefit of using BB cream on your face is the moisturizing effect on your skin. If you have dry to normal skin, the BB cream will work best for you since you can be sure that it will thoroughly moisturize your skin. You do not have to worry about walking around with dry or flaky skin since the BB cream takes care of that for you.
BB cream gives you a natural look, making it the perfect daily go-to when you do not want to do makeup. You can wear it and go about your day looking like you have no makeup on, which adds to its appeal.
Side Effects of BB Cream
Despite all the amazing effects of BB cream, there are still possible side effects. While it might not affect your friend in any way, there are chances that you will notice some of these changes in your skin.
- Skin lightening – even though you will notice a slight change in your skin tone when using the products, there are times when this might be a little too much. Ensure you read the ingredient list and see if the product has skin-lightening ingredients.
- The SPF is not sufficient – although the cream comes with SPF, it needs an extra boost of sunscreen since it is not enough. You might still get sunburn, especially if you stay out too long.
- It can lead to acne – if you have oily skin, this product might lead to acne. It is heavy and does not let your pores breathe properly.
Even though it was initially created in Germany, BB cream has made its way worldwide as the perfect skincare and makeup product.
The one thing you need to be keen on when buying the cream is the ingredients list. Ensure there is nothing on it that will affect you in any way. When in doubt, talk to a skincare expert or dermatologist as they offer expert advice.
further reading material
I hope you now know more about why bb cream is good for your skin. I not only hope that you learned something from it, I also hope that you do something with it and choose the right product for you! Now, I know you just can’t get enough of reading about beauty products and how to use them, so I’ve selected a couple articles that you just might like. Simply click on one of the links below and start reading :)!
Will BB Cream Clog Pores?
What to do when my makeup doesn’t stay on even with primer?
Do You Put Eye Primer on Before or After Foundation?