Not everyone is born with straight hair. Approximately 63% of the female population is born with straight hair. The rest of the female population is born with curly hair. For those women who would like to make their curly hair straight, either a heating tool or a straightening gel as needed. The gel releases the curl in the hair strands and causes it to lay straight. It also reduces frizz and helps control the hair.
Can You Straighten Hair with Gel in It?
The answer to this question is a definite yes. You can straighten hair with gel in it. Here’s how to do it. Just rub about a nickel-sized dollop of gel into your hands. Then, smooth out a small layer over it over a section of dry hair. Keep in mind that if you blow-dry your hair beforehand, it will make this process easier.
Allow the gel to dry a little bit. But, do not let it dry completely. Give it about a minute to drive. Apply your flat iron slowly from the top of your head. Make sure you begin at the root. Then move the flat iron down to the bottom of your hair. You may need to repeat this process two or three times before your hair is completely straight. Just do it as needed.
The Best Way to Apply Hair Gel
Begin by shampooing condition your hair as you usually would. Be sure to use good quality products when you do this. After your heart your hair is washed and conditioned, towel dry it. It is important to remove all of the excess water from your hair. This will make it much easier to straighten and style. Too much water will only weigh your hair down.
It is important to note that gel works best with damp hair. So, if you don’t feel like washing your hair or simply don’t have the time to do it, just apply some water to your hair. Then, you can apply the hair gel. Squeeze a tiny amount of the gel into the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together to smooth out the gel and equal amounts. Brush your hands throughout your hair to spread the gel evenly.
As the gel slowly dries, be sure that your hair is in the shape that you wanted to be in. You can use your hands or a comb to do this. You can also use a blow dryer to make the gel dry faster. Then, you are ready to use your flat iron to straighten your hair.
The Benefits of Flat Ironing Your Hair When Using Gel
When you want straight hair, a flat iron and gel go hand in hand. Together, both get the job done. A few benefits of flat ironing your hair are also when using gel.
Evenly Distributed Heat
Whether you straighten your hair for professional reasons or for personal reasons, you need to have a tool that is reliable and one that distributes the heat if the heat is not distributed evenly, you run the risk of damaging your hair. evenly. This way, you wind up with the hair ends look the same. A flat iron protects you from this damage by distributing the heat evenly.
Easy Do-It-Yourself Straightening
A flat iron and gel make it easy to do it yourself. It’s such a hassle if you have to go to the salon every time you want your hair straightener. With a flat iron and gel right at home, you can save yourself time and a boatload of money by doing it yourself. It is a small investment that has a lot of value for you.
Good for a Variety of Different Hair Types
Flat iron and gel work well on a variety of different hair types. Whether you have thin hair, thick hair, slightly wavy hair, or very curly hair, a flat iron and gel will get the job done for you and straighten your hair.
With both of these, you can touch up your look, smooth out your hair and change your natural curls. You will get good results every time. No woman should limit herself when it comes to the personal style she is seeking. And the flat iron and gel make it easy for a woman to change her look.
The Essentials of a Good Flat Iron
When shopping for a good flat iron, there are seven essentials that you want to have in your flat iron.
- You will want to ensure that your flat iron has infrared heating. This is a technology that gently heats the hair from the inside. It helps maintain the hair’s moisture, and, you’ll get a healthy shine. You also don’t have to be concerned with split ends, frizz, or heat damage.
- Quick warm-up and adjustable heat sheets are important, too. You should be able to straighten your hair after the flat iron warms up for only 45 seconds. And with adjustable settings, you can load or increase the temperature for your thick, curly or wavy hair.
- Look for a flat iron that has ceramic plate composition. These flat irons are made of high-quality ceramic. It eliminates burning your hair. It also helps with stubborn spots. This way, you will not have to keep going over the same spot in order to get the result that you are seeking.
- Negative ion technology is important in flat iron. It is negative ions that help neutralize the hair and give more moisture inside of the cuticles. This technology also helps eliminate split ends, reduces frizz, and gives you a good hold.
- A flat iron should be lightweight and easy to use. Your arm will not get tired with a lightweight flat iron. Plus, it is much easier to travel with.
- You will want your flat iron to be a good value. There’s no need for you to dish out a big chunk of cash. You can easily find a flat iron that has the latest technology that you want at a good price.
- Look for a flat iron that comes with a guarantee and warranty. A company should be able to back up the claims of their flat iron. I warranty will ensure that you can get your money back if for any reason you are not so satisfied with ii. The last thing you want is for your flat iron to break down in 3 months and have to go out and buy a new one. That’s just a waste of money. Any good flat iron should last much longer than just 3 months.